If you have Scottish ancestry and are interested in learning more about researching in the Scottish records, join me in Winnipeg on Saturday April 9, 2016 for a full day of learning.
The location: HENDERSON LIBRARY
The time: 10:00 - 4:30
- In Search of Your Scottish Ancestors - an in-depth look at getting started with your Scottish research. In addition to using the ScotlandsPeople website and will give you insight into other record sets available at archives and libraries across the country.
- Navigating the ScotlandsPeople Website - a walk-through of using this vitally important site for Scottish
- Lesser Known Databases for Scottish Genealogy Research - where to look beyond the OPRs and Statutory records
- Preparing for a Genealogy Research Trip to Scotland - if visiting the home of your ancestors is on your bucket list, this talk will help you get prepared to make the most of your time in Scotland.
- Winnipeg has deep Scottish roots. It is home to the Red River Settlement, part of the Selkirk Settlement Scheme. It also was home to a number of early Scots settlers who were recruited by the Hudson's Bay Company. The records for these are at the Manitoba Archives, just a 15 minute drive from the library. Come early and spend the Friday researching in the Archives.
Winnipeg borders North Dakota, is a short drive from Minnesota and is even manageable from the surrounding states.
FULL DAY - https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/scottish-genealogy-symposium-winnipeg-full-day-tickets-19134867905
MORNING ONLY - https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/scottish-genealogy-symposium-winnipeg-morning-only-tickets-19134814746
AFTERNOON ONLY - https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/scottish-genealogy-symposium-winnipeg-afternoon-only-tickets-19134817755
Spaces are limited
Lunch is not included but there are plenty of places to grab lunch in the mall.